Scheer details plan to help Canadians get ahead
Andrew Scheer, Leader of Canada’s Conservatives, emerged as the hands-down winner of the first televised leaders’ debate hosted by Maclean’s and Citytv.
Scheer articulated his positive vision for Canada and his plan for a new Conservative government to live within its means and put more money in Canadians pockets so they can get ahead.
- It is now clear that Andrew Scheer is the only leader you can trust to put more money in your pocket so you and your family can get ahead.
- As tonight’s debate confirmed, Jagmeet Singh’s NDP and Elizabeth May’s Green Party believe in the same big-spending, high-taxing policies that Justin Trudeau has delivered over the last four years.
- With Singh, May, and Trudeau – life will only get more expensive and Canadians will have even less money in their pockets.
- A hard-working father to five great kids, Andrew Scheer understands the struggles families face across the country. That’s why, as Prime Minister, he will:
- Scrap Trudeau’s carbon tax
- Remove GST from home-heating bills
- Make maternity benefits tax-free
- Put more money in your pocket – for you, for your kids, for your retirement.
- Create better, higher paying jobs by embracing nation building projects at home, while standing up for Canadian workers on the world stage.
An empty podium stood where Justin Trudeau should have been.
Trudeau wants to run on anything but his record and against anyone but his actual opponents.
That’s why he’s skipping debates and dredging up divisive wedge issues.
He cannot defend his record of runaway spending, massive deficits, and higher taxes.
And he will not tell Canadians by how much his carbon tax will increase and how much it will cost them.
Trudeau was elected on a promise to help the middle class. Instead, he raised taxes on 80% of middle-class Canadians and brought in a carbon tax that makes groceries, gas, and home heating more expensive.
You can’t trust Justin Trudeau. He’s not as advertised.
It’s your time:
Over the next 39 days, Justin Trudeau will do anything he can to avoid scrutiny, and distract from his record.
He will continue to divide Canadians and spread fear and misinformation.
Andrew Scheer will remain focused on you.
Making your life more affordable.
Putting more money in your pocket.
For you. For your kids. For your retirement.